If you and the other parent agree on how to financially support your child, you can enter into a legally enforceable child welfare agreement. Example: Roxanna and Hartwin have a child assistance assessment for their children Dotty and Suresh, who live with each parent 50% of the time. Roxanna pays Hartwin $2,000 a year in family allowances, $1,000 for Dotty and $1,000 $US for Suresh. Roxanna and Hartwin cannot enter into a limited agreement for Hartwin roxanna to pay $3,000 per year, as Roxanna would not pay at least the annual rate set under the agreement. Instead, you can enter into a binding agreement. Parents can enter into their own childcare arrangements. The agreement may concern itself with the quantity and form of transfer of family allowances. There are two legal types of child support agreements: it is difficult to amend a mandatory child support contract if there is no agreement with the other party to enter into another binding agreement, either to terminate or amend the previous agreement. As the agreement is binding, each party is required to obtain its own independent legal advice prior to the conclusion of the agreement. Lawyers advise the parties on the pros and cons of entering into a binding agreement. The lawyer of each party is then required to issue a certificate to be completed from this point of view, which must be annexed to the contract and made available to the client before signing the contract. In the absence of a formalised agreement or a private agreement on family allowances, either party may request an assessment of child support through the CSA. An assessment takes into account the income of each party, the level of custody they give to the children, the age of the children and the percentage of cost of each party for each child.

An assessment of child support may be modified by a request to amend the assessment for a number of prescribed reasons, as defined in the legislation, and such changes to the assessment may be managed and implemented through the CFS. This is a written agreement defining the agreement between the parties on the payment of family allowances. Your agreement may include payment of cash or cashless goods, such as tuition and health insurance. The agreement must be in writing and signed by both parents. .